3 September 2014

Welcome! (FAQs)

Hello, brave internet navigator, and welcome to The Hunt!

Chances are, you have come for some more information on what the heck this "Hunt" thing is, so here are some answers I have prepared earlier.





What is The Hunt?
The Hunt is a project I have put together in which members of the public (yourself included) can follow along to clues posted on Twitter, in order to be the first to solve them and claim the prize at the end!

In short: It's a Twitter treasure hunt, in a city near* you. *proximity not guaranteed, and currently only available in New Zealand.

Still interested? Click "Read More" to... well, read more!

Where/When does The Hunt take place?
The Hunt will currently be taking place in cities around New Zealand. Due to the nature of this project (see below, "Who creates these hunts?"), only two hunts have been planned at this current time. That being said, keep an eye out on @hunt_clues for details on upcoming hunt days. You don't necessarily have to be living in the city to take part; you can help a friend out by solving the clues at home!

In short: It will vary from hunt to hunt, check the Twitter feed for more details.

Why should I take part?
Well, why not? Flexing your grey matter is always a good thing, and if you have kids (either literally or ones who identify as those "at heart"), it's a fun way for them to get outside and have a run around.
Best of all, it's absolutely free! Yep, at the low low entrance fee of exactly $0.00, you too can take part! Make sure you follow @hunt_clues on Twitter so you can receive notification when The Hunt is taking place in your area, and to receive clues on hunt day.

In short: It's free! Plus the mental/physical exercise thing.

What's the prize?
Well, no treasure hunt is complete without some kind of treasure, I suppose.

For the introductory "pilot episodes", you'll be tracking down these totally awesome (and limited-edition) Hunt Coins!



Yes, nothing says "I just won this thing from the internet" like showing off this 50mm diameter custom coin, struck with The Hunt logo to your friends! And it can be yours if you're the first to find it!

In short: See picture.

How do I play; What are the rules?
Glad you asked. You can find them here.

Who creates these hunts?
Me, myself, and I. The Hunt is a completely free, hobby project of mine. I enjoy making puzzles, and The Hunt takes place during my spare time outside of my actual job. Due to the fact I do not have the luxury (nor the financial capability) to travel to any given city whenever I feel like it, The Hunt can really only take place whenever I can find the time. Sorry to disappoint you like that.

At this current time, two hunts have been planned. Following @hunt_clues shows your support for the project, and will encourage me to continue with the project. If support is strong, I'll continue making these hunts, but please don't be surprised if you see ads pop up in this blog, or a giant PayPal donation button later.

In short: Just myself, with my own spare time, money and energy.

How do I solve the clues?
Well, that would be defeating the purpose if I told you the answers ;). The clues may be cryptic or straightforward, but designed not to be too complex to solve. If you get stuck, feel free to ask some friends for help, or of course there's the trusty internet search engine. Occasionally I will post practice clues on the Twitter feed for you to pick up or hone those puzzle-solving skills, so check the feed often so you don't miss out!

All the clues will point to a singular location. If you can't solve a clue, it won't hinder your progress, you'll just need to wait for the next one.

In short: I'm not giving you the answers beforehand!

Is there a trail I need to follow?
Typically, I will post ten clues throughout the day that will slowly reveal the coin's location. It's not necessary to understand all the clues to win, as they all should lead you to the same place.

As before, all the clues will point to a singular location. If you can't solve a clue, it won't hinder your progress, you'll just need to wait for the next one.

In short: No.

I have a question!
Ok, awesome! Please leave a comment below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I hope this clears up any questions you have about what The Hunt is. For now, enjoy the initial two hunts I have planned, and I'll see you out there!
-Huntmaster Orion 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *